Hot Stone Massage (30 mins, 40 mins, 60 mins and 80 mins)
Hot Stone therapy is really an extension of manual massage. Based upon traditional Swedish massage techniques, hot and cold stones are used to massage the client. A hot stone massage combines thermotherapy with massage techniques to provide an effective healing therapy. It consists of both warm and hot stones placed in a formation directly on the body as well as being used as a massage tool. The use of natural basalt stones in conjunction with massage uses powerful earth energies to help the patient heal.
The localized placement of heat on a particular area increases circulation of fluids, and can assist in alleviating organ congestion. When placed along certain points on the body, hot stones can assist in removing energy blockages that lead to the development of disease, illness and cancers. The smooth rounded hot stones of varying sizes are placed around, under and on top of the body, from the forehead to between the toes, giving a deep massage, creating a sensation of warmth and comfort.
- Improves cardiovascular circulation.
- Improves musculoskeletal system - wears away tension
- Beneficial effect on the nervous system
- Spiritual calmness and/or mental invigoration ensues from treatment
- Rebalances the chakras of the human body (Equilibrium)
- Increases the metabolic rate by 10% to 15%.
- The heat from the stones can penetrate the tissue layers up to and over 1.5 inches and is carried down to the deepest layers of the blood. This is known as conduction which brings about local physiological and systemic changes to the body