Maternity/Post Partum and Infant Massage Course - 2 days
Students must hold a current and recognised Swedish massage Diploma before taking part in this course. Following this two day workshop the therapist will be certified in maternity, post-partum and infant massage. Graduates will be competent in performing a safe and supportive treatment for the duration of pregnancy, the 6 week period thereafter (postpartum) and on through to the massage of the new arrival.
The course covers
- The benefits associated with mother massage
- Contraindications to massage during pregnancy
- Physiological changes experienced during pregnancy
- The development of the baby 1st -3rd trimester
- Three stages of labour
- Positioning during pregnancy massage
- Practical Leg, Back, and Tummy Massage
- Practical Arms & Chest Massage
- Practical Neck and Face Massage
- Post-Natal Depression
- Benefit of post partum massage
- Infant Massage benefits to mother and baby
- Step by step practical routine for full body Infant massage
- Choice of oils for use on the baby
Lunch is included on both days of the course (Sandwiches, yogurt, fruit, juices, tea/Coffee, biscuits).
All materials for the two days will be supplied.