Post-Partum Massage - 60 mins
Do not overlook the value of massage for recovery from the birthing event. Even when a birth has gone as smoothly as possible, a woman's body still must undergo quite a bit of structural realignment and Post-partum massage helps restore your muscle tone in the abdomen and reposition the pelvis.
Other benefits include:
- Relieves tension from birthing process and hastens recovery
- Encourages pelvic and abdominal organs to return to pre-pregnancy positions
- Allowing the mother to spend some well deserved time alone without her baby
- Increases energy levels and reduces fatigue
- Aids in returning uterus to normal size
- Provides emotional support
- Relieves shoulder, neck and arm tension from breastfeeding
- Relaxes the mother who may be experiencing emotional swings due to the reduction in pregnancy hormones
Postpartum care, though often over looked in our culture, is an important part of the complete birthing process.
Taking the time for postnatal massage as part of your recovery plan will allow you to be at your best while caring for yourself and your baby.