Pregnancy Massage - 75mins
Pregnancy massage is a massage therapy specifically tailored for the expectant mother's needs. This type of massage can reduce stress, ease back pain, decrease swelling in the arms and legs, improve circulation and relieve aches and pains in muscles and joints.
During pregnancy the increasing weight and misalignment causes the posterior musculature to become fatigued and tight. The weight increase also encourages external rotation of the hip joints and in an effort to prevent falling forward hyper extension of the knees occurs, often causing cramping of the calf muscles.
Positioning during a pregnancy massage is critical to the safety and well-being of both the mother and the baby she is carrying. The mother- to- be will be turned on her side or propped up at a 45 degree angle for the duration of the treatment and extra pillows and padding will be provided in abundance for her comfort.
- Alleviate muscle tension
- Less muscle spasm & cramping
- Decreases sciatic pain
- Alleviates muscle fatigue
- Noted decrease in swelling/ oedema
- Also alleviates back, neck and shoulder discomfort caused by hormonal and postural changes
- Quality of Sleep
- Reduce headaches
- Relieve heartburn
- Balance mood-swings and help depression.
- Increase blood flow to all areas of the body including the placenta - Healthy placenta equals healthy baby.
- Stimulate glandular secretions stabilizing hormonal levels and making these side effects less severe
- Sedate the nervous system producing much needed rest and relaxation